IMS IBIZA SUMMIT IN SEARCH OF PURPOSE
THE IMS 2022 PROGRAMME
FROM DAOs TO DURAN DURAN
FROM UKRAINE TO THE UNITED STATES...
FROM 27TH TO 29TH APRIL 2022
DESTINATION PACHA IBIZA RESORT
IMS Ibiza Summit 2022: Partners in Purpose
AFEM (Association For Electronic Music) - Advocacy & Industry Relations
Bye Bye Plastic & EarthPercent - Sustainability & Environment
Point Blank Music School - Education & Legacy
The Art of ARETÉ - Health & Human Potential
shesaid.so - Diversity & Inclusion
Ibiza, March 24, 2022 (Toga Media); The International Music Summit (IMS), the platform that encompasses business, culture and education around the electronic music industry, returns to Ibiza in April 2022 for its 13th edition after a two-year hiatus.
One of the biggest global gatherings in electronic music returns after the start of the pandemic with the aim of bringing together the entire ecosystem of the music genre for three days to celebrate, dialogue and connect. It will take place from 27th to 29th April at Destination Pacha Ibiza Resort.
The Congress today announces the first details of the programming which will be co-presented by IMS partner Pete Tong (BBC Radio 1, London) along with Jaguar (BBC Radio 1), with the aim of maintaining its commitment to highlighting and focusing on the industry's most relevant values and rebuilding after the devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the first time in its history, the IMS congress will not feature panels but will adopt the role of curator in a series of ideas, readings, conversations, workshops and sessions that will feature some of the industry's leaders with the aim of bringing their knowledge and experience to analyse and identify best practices for the sector, under the values promoted and driven by the IMS. Here is a summary of our programme for the 13th edition of the International Music Summit:
Keynote interviews and presentations from industry leaders, innovators and artists from around the world, including:
- 'Conversations' Lyor Cohen (YouTube & Google; Global Head of Music) & Pete Tong.
- Artist Interviews (A-Z): BLOND:ISH, Becky Hill, Brian Eno, Deadmau5, Duran Duran & Erol Alkan, DVS1, Jaguar, Jamie Jones, Kerri Chandler, Laurent Garnier, Nastia, Nora En Pure, Patrick Topping, Portrait XO, Prospa, Richie Hawtin, Sarah Story, Tsha
- Opening: Road to Recovery by Robb McDaniels (Beatport; CEO; USA)
- Keynote: 10 years of AFEM: Association for Electronic Music by Silvia Montello (AFEM; Association for Electronic Music; UK)
- shesaid.so presents Friends With Benefits social network Trevor McFedries; (Dapper Collectives/Friends With Benefits, CEO/Founder, USA) & Andreea Magdalina (shesaid.so; Founder; Romania)
- Interview: Skiddle Presents - Surviving 20 years in the Events Industry with Wilf Gregory (Event Horizon, Group CEO, UK), responsible for AfroNation, Rolling Loud, Secret Project, Hideout, Lost and Found, Origin and BPM Europe.
Pixelynx presents Metaverse & Web3 in a special day of programming, in collaboration with EQ Exchange & CELO to provide delegates with a deep understanding to navigate and leverage the opportunities of these rapidly advancing new scenarios, from NFTs (non-fungible tokens) to DAOs (decentralised autonomous enterprises) to monetisation. Pixelynx will be holding a web3 meeting during IMS to help the industry dive into this opportunity, where they will also be giving away a free NFT to each delegate.
- Audius, BLOND:ISH, CELO, Coachella, Deadmau5, EQ Exchange, Emanate, Friends With Benefits, Future Art, Moda Dao, Outlier Ventures, Pixelynx, Portrait XO, Reed Smith, Richie Hawtin, Seven20 and The Sandbox will all be represented on the day.
Two of the world's leading platforms will talk about the best strategies for the practice and optimisation of electronic music:
- Tik Tok - Ole Obermann (Tik Tok; Global Head of Music; USA).
- YouTube - Practice & Optimisation Sessions led by senior representatives
The IMS will once again focus on core values, in pursuit of post-pandemic purposes:
- Environment: Brian Eno on the music industry's impact on climate change
- Sustainability: Flipping the Script - Sustainability at the Heart of the Music Industry presented by Marina Ponti (United Nations; Director of the UN SDG Action Campaign; Italy)
- Humanity: Ukraine - Emergency Discussion with the duo Artbat - represented by Chris Braun (Artist Manager; House United; Germany) and Nastia (Artist; Nechto; Ukraine)
In addition, IMS Ibiza continues to put the spotlight on new platforms, innovation and technology, changing the face of the industry, including:
- Aslice: Equalising the Disparity between DJs and Producers - Presented by Zak Khutoretsky aka DVS1 (Aslice; Founder/Artist; USA).
- Introducing PTDJA - Pete Tong and Jamie Jones to announce their exciting latest project
Electronic music icons to be recognised and celebrated at IMS:
- Laurent Garnier recognised with the IMS Pioneer Award to be featured in one of the Congress interviews
- The IMS Legends Awards Dinner in honour of Simon Dunmore (Defected Records; CEO/Founder; UK) presented by YouTube at Casa Maca, an idyllic hillside restaurant with an enchanting view of Dalt Vila.
Exclusive reports were a must at the 13th edition of the IMS:
- IMS Business Report 2022 presented by David Boyle (IMS / Audience Strategies; UK).
- Gender Balance in UK Electronic Music - Jaguar (BBC Radio 1; Host of Introducing Dance; UK)
Detailed case studies will reveal industry secrets and share invaluable insights into how the electronic music industry's leading brands are redefining success:
- Dice & Bicep - Data & Tours with Oli Isaacs (This Is Music; Artist manager for Bicep; UK) and Russ Tannen (Dice; President; UK).
- Label Worx & Solid Grooves - Label Optimisation with Matt Abbott (Label Worx; CEO/Founder; UK) and Ramin Rezale (Solid Grooves; Label Manager; UK)
Lady of the House, a movement celebrating women in electronic music, collaborates with IMS to bring an innovative peer-to-peer approach to the industry in the following meetings:
- Maria May (CAA; Head of Electronic; UK) with Hannah Shogbola (United Talent; Agent; UK)
- Pete Tong (BBC Radio 1; Broadcaster; UK) with Sarah Story (BBC Radio 1; Broadcaster, UK)
- Tsha (Artist; UK) with artist to be confirmed.
Masterclasses and workshops:
- L'Acoustics - Spatial Audio: the new dimension for live / virtual events presented by Guillaume Le Nost.
- A production masterclass by Point Blank Music School with Prospa (Artists; UK)
- Sentric Electronic on the value of advertising revenue and the role of advertisers in creative development.
- Vibrate - How to take your career to the next level with music analysis with Ariana Remskar, Miha Vidmajer and Vasja Veber.
Ibiza's new residencies:
- Ibiza 2022 - Meet the Residents - with Patrick Topping, HE.SHE.THEY's Sophia Kearney and Stephen Braines, among others.
IMS is once again harnessing the power of its global network to provide a platform for players in the fast-changing electronic music industry:
- The global search for start-ups with IMS Accelerator returning to IMS this year through Pixelynx, with the endowment of $50,000 for one start-up and an invaluable mentorship programme from the team
- Support for the next generation of visionaries in the electronic music industry, IMS Visionaries. Other IMS industry visionaries have included Pixelynx CEO Inder Phull, Coachella Global Live Stream host Valerie Lee and Identification of Music Group founder Robbie Merch.
IMS Ibiza Summit also offers delegates the following areas:
- shesaid.so offers a three-day programme including workshops, talks, networking, etc., with a special focus on web3, plus an entertainment space for all and sundry.
- IMS College by Beatport, Microsoft Surface & Point Blank Music School will offer a full programme of workshops and masterclasses and other proposals such as coaching or demonstrations of new products.
- The Art of Areté Wellness platform will be fully integrated into IMS this year, completely free of charge thanks to Pioneer DJ, with a programme designed to balance our mental health including meditation, nutrition, sleep counselling and much more.
- The Eco Lounge by theHUB Ibiza in collaboration with EarthPercent & Ibiza Preservation will create a social space to connect, discuss and learn about sustainability. A showcase to showcase the latest eco innovations with workshops led by renowned experts in the field.
- IMS Ibiza Tech X will showcase the latest in technology with major brands such as Pioneer DJ, TribeXR, L-Acoustics, Pixelynx, LunaFest, Belair Technology and more.
- The crypto art collective Future Art will showcase a selection of international digital artists such as XCOPY, Miss AI Simpson, Norman Harman, among others.
IMS co-founder and lead curator Ben Turner says: "We've slowed down and restarted this event so many times for covid that it's hard to believe it's finally happening. In a vulnerable world like the one we find ourselves in, there is no better time to reconnect, alienate and assess our future. This is the most exciting time in the music world for decades, as the promise of web3 will bring electronic music culture closer to the heart of the community and spirit that gave it birth, and questions of ownership, monetisation and transparency are re-ignited. After so long without touring, IMS Ibiza 2022 is designed to focus or find your purpose, as values have never been more necessary than now to guide us on our journey in the industry".
IMS Ibiza delegates will be able to experience some of the island's best parties and events, including the iconic seven-hour IMS Dalt Vila World Heritage Site which this year extends to two days as one of the world's biggest house music labels, Defected Records, will also take over Dalt Vila on April 30th to kick off the island's highly anticipated summer season.
Tickets for IMS 2022 can be purchased now on the IMS website through our partner Skiddle. Five per cent of all ticket prices will be donated by the IMS to offset carbon emissions.
Students will be able to purchase theirs for €99 and €150 for under 27s. In addition, this year we are offering an Eco Badge ticket for €150 for those arriving in Ibiza by sustainable means of transport (train and ferry).